17 Kaizen Quotes (For Musicians) That Will Change How Much You Believe In Yourself
Banish self-doubt, stay motivated, get inspired - so you can perform your very best.
It’s not always easy to stay motivated as a musician.
Whether it’s finding the motivation to pick up your guitar and practice, summoning the strength to believe in yourself, or whipping up the energy to get more gig bookings - It’s natural to feel like you’ve lost your mojo sometimes.
Kaizen is a Japanese methodology and mindset originally adopted by businesses as a means to continuously improve productivity and performance. The marriage of the words "Kai", meaning ‘change’, and "zen" meaning ‘good’, combines to mean “change for the better”.
And you can use the Kaizen approach to help you bring about improvements in every area of your life. The baby steps you make each day towards achieving your goals - no matter how big or small - will help ignite your soul.
Just for you, here are some inspiring quotes based on the art of Kaizen. Take 1 minute out of your day, every day this week to be kind to yourself and read through the quotes.
Now go conquer.
1. “Confidence is not ‘they will like me’. Confidence is ‘I’ll be fine if they don’t’.”
- Christina Grimmie
2. “Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.”
- Roy T. Bennett
3. “Stop doubting yourself. Start believing in yourself. Go Conquer.”
- Tiff B
4. “The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement.”
– Helmut Schmidt
5. “Excellence is not a destination; it is a continuous journey that never ends.”
- Brian Tracy
6. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.”
- Shannon L. Alder
7.“Never be so afraid of making mistakes that you stop taking actions.”
- Kirtida Gautam
8. “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.”
– John Maxwell
9. “Never stop investing. Never stop improving. Never stop doing something new.”
- Bob Parsons
10. “In absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily acts of trivia.”
- Mary Kay Ash
11. "Control your own Destiny or somebody else will”
- Jack Welch
12. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.”
- Vince Lombardi
13. “People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.”
– Dale Carnegie
14. “Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
– Antoine de Saint Exupery
15. “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.”
– Mark Twain
16. “If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution.”
– Steve Jobs
17. “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
– Henry Ford
Top 3 Recommended Kaizen Books
Reading inspiring is a great way to help you build your overall self-esteem and inspire. Here are some of the top recommended Kaizen related books to check out.