Write For Us
YourGuitarBrain is a place that guitar players, musicians and music lovers can trust will provide them with informative, honest, and actionable content. We welcome fresh original submission pitches from talented writers.
Because we like to keep providing exciting tips and tricks to our valued readers we have important guest posting guidelines you should read before submitting your article for our consideration.
Basic Post Submission Guidelines
- Length: 1,000 - 3,000 words
- Images: Only use good quality optimized images you have the rights to use such as Shutterstock and sites that release all licenses (eg Unsplash, Pixabay). The header image should be in line with the other images on YourGuitarBrain.com (Max 862px wide). Please make sure you aren't using images already used as header images on our site.
- Article Content: As already mentioned, the purpose of any article on YourGuitarBrain is to provide helpful information along with inspirational insights and actionable tips. We are particularly looking for these types of articles:
1. How-To Articles
2. Technical explainer posts with infographics
3. Expert Roundups
4. Lists (tips, tools, tactics,)
5. Music industry specific information and advice
- Pitch-free: Your post will be pitch-free, so no writing to sell affiliate products or services.
- Audience: Guitar players, guitar students, musicians and music lovers.
To make sure your article is a good fit for our audience at YourGuitarBrain, here are a few more important things to do before you pitch your article ideas:
- Read some of the articles on the YourGuitarBrain blog. This is the best way to learn the types of content we publish and get a feel for the blog’s tone.
- Check YourguitarBrain for our formatting style. Use Appropriate H1 etc sizes. We're more likely to accept a well-written post that also has formatting in line with what we use as it means our editorial team has less work to do and we can publish your post quicker.
- Follow best SEO practices. Think of good keyword distribution, alt tags on images and a killer title that'll get people scrambling to click and read.
- Check to see if we’ve published your topic already. Please make sure you check and see if we’ve already published a post on your topic. If we have, change your article subject, or consider whether or not you could write something with a fresh angle or from a different exciting perspective.
- Articles must be 100% Original: No re-published articles from your blog or elsewhere, please. Goes without saying plagiarism - has no place on our blog.
- Disclosures: Please fully disclose if you have a relationship with a company or person mentioned in the article (citing research from your site say something like "Disclosure: I work for [company name]" or "This case study is from [name] a partner of mine". YourGuitarBrain is designed to be a place our audience can trust they'll always get honest and unbiased information.
If we accept your pitch we may or may not ask you do some small revision edits to keep your post in line with the content on the blog, or if the article doesn't match what you've pitched to us.
We look forward to reading your submissions!
If you have a fabulous post idea you think our audience at YourGuitarBrain would fall over themselves to read, let us know! Email Shelly at firstname.lastname@example.org