Work With Us
At YourGuitarBrain, we love anything guitar and music related. We therefore welcome working with relevant websites and brands, particularly independent businesses with exciting resources and gear our audience will love.
Read on to see the options we offer for sponsored posts and advertising. Don't hesitate to drop us a message if you have a specific collaboration in mind.
1. Sponsored Editorial Posts
- If you'd like us to feature a sponsored post please contact us to know how much we charge per post.
- We have very strict editorial guidelines and standards so we only accept posts from relevant companies and websites to our blog: guitarists, musicians, music lovers, music industry, music equipment, music services.
- Sponsored posts must be written to a good standard by native English speakers.
- We reserve the right to suggest an edit or refuse content that is not up to our standard.
- Sponsored posts may contain up to 2 ‘do follow’ links to the same domain.
- All submissions must include 2 good quality photographs at a minimum of 922px wide. We need to see the sponsored post title and a synopsis of the content before approval.
- To be fully transparent to our readers and in line with UK legal guidelines on disclosure for bloggers, sponsored posts will be clearly labelled as being sponsored at the start of the content along with a disclosure at the end of the content.
Get in touch with us to discuss (email address below)
2. Banner Advertising
- Right hand side banner ads, and in content banner ads placement offered to highly relevant products and services that appear on our "blog" post pages.
- In responsive mode on mobile and tablet, right side banner ads appear below the content, lower down the page.
- Ad placements based on a period of 3 months.
Cost: £210 per quarter
3. Product Reviews
- Gifted products valued more than £80/$110 are reviewed by us for free, otherwise the cost is £100/$135 per review to cover content creation time.
- Loaned products cost £100 per review to cover content creation time.
- We do not accept payment in return for positive reviews. All reviews are honest and unbiased and are our own opinions . We are highly selective about the reviews we’ll agree to and only review products and services that will offer value to our readers.
- Reviews will be published within 2-3 weeks.
3. Guest Posts
Contact us for the price of a guest post on our site.
We are very fussy about our editorial guidelines, so please don't waste time submitting content unless you have read our post submission guidelines below. Only quality, original submission pitches from talented writers will make it onto the blog.
Because we like to keep providing exciting tips and tricks to our valued readers we have important guest posting guidelines you should read before submitting your article for our consideration.
Basic Post Submission Guidelines
- Length: 1,000 - 3,000 words
- Images: Only use good quality optimized images you have the rights to use such as Shutterstock and sites that release all licenses (eg Unsplash, Pixabay). The header image should be in line with the other images on YourGuitarBrain.com (Min 922px wide).
- Article Content: As already mentioned, the purpose of any article on YourGuitarBrain is to provide helpful information along with inspirational insights and actionable tips. We are particularly looking for these types of articles:
1. How-To Articles
2. Technical explainer posts with infographics
3. Expert Roundups
4. Lists (tips, tools, tactics,)
5. Music industry specific information and advice
- Pitch-free: Your post will be pitch-free, so no writing to sell affiliate products or services.
- Audience: Guitar players, guitar students, musicians and music lovers.
To make sure your article is a good fit for our audience at YourGuitarBrain, here are a few more important things to do before you pitch your article ideas:
- Read some of the articles on the YourGuitarBrain blog. This is the best way to learn the types of content we publish and get a feel for the blog’s tone.
- Check YourGuitarBrain for our formatting style. Use Appropriate H1 etc sizes. We're more likely to accept a well-written post that also has formatting in line with what we use as it means our editorial team has less work to do and we can publish your post quicker.
- Follow best SEO practices. Think of good keyword distribution, alt tags on images and a killer title that'll get people scrambling to click and read.
- Check to see if we’ve published your topic already. Please make sure you check and see if we’ve already published a post on your topic. If we have, change your article subject, or consider whether or not you could write something with a fresh angle or from a different exciting perspective.
- Articles must be 100% Original: No re-published articles from your blog or elsewhere, please. Goes without saying plagiarism - has no place on our blog.
- Disclosures: Please fully disclose if you have a relationship with a company or person mentioned in the article (citing research from your site say something like "Disclosure: I work for [company name]" or "This case study is from [name] a partner of mine". YourGuitarBrain is designed to be a place our audience can trust they'll always get honest and unbiased information.
If we accept your pitch we may or may not ask you do some small revision edits to keep your post in line with the content on the blog, or if the article doesn't match what you've pitched to us.
We look forward to reading your submissions!
If you have a fabulous collaboration idea such as a sponsored post you think our audience at YourGuitarBrain would love, let us know how we can support you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org